Thursday, October 18, 2012

My strange addiction(s)

Have any of you ever watched a show called “My Strange Addiction” on TLC?  I love pretty much all shows on The Learning Channel because they expand my mind and show me there are all different kinds of people (weirdos) in the world.  ”My Strange Addiction” features the best of the best including those who eat dry wall, have sexual relationships with inanimate objects, and dress/live as adult babies.   Every episode gets more horrifying (such as a guy who digs hair out of other peoples’ shower drains), but it’s like a bad car wreck…you want to look away, but you can’t. You need to know if everyone involved is okay.  Although most of these people will die alone eating couch cushions, they seem to be doing just fine right now.  Some even have spouses (who haven’t left them yet).
This got me thinking, what may seem strange to one person, may be totally normal to another.  I mean sure, eating drywall is definitely not normal, but in India cows are sacred so eating them is taboo, yet in America most of us love a good burger.  Not exactly the same thing, but you get where I’m going with this.  I try not to judge people (too much…I mean I am only human) because we all have strange addictions of our own.  Think about it, you do some weird shit don’t you…when no is around?  Sure you do.  I thought I would share some of my strange addictions so you all feel a little less bad about yourselves…
I sing everything.  No literally, I am like Buddy from Elf on crack.  The worst part is I don’t even realize I am doing it.  Friends always start laughing, point it out, and I am completely oblivious.  If you make up songs about doing the dishes, it makes them much more enjoyable. Trust me.  
Avril Lavigne.  I know what you’re thinking, but you read that correctly.  She’s my girl crush.   I think she is adorable, and I wish I looked like her and/or could make out with her. I do realize she is Canadian and engaged to the singer from Nickleback….I still wouldn’t kick her out of bed for eating crackers…
And hopefully you will all still read my blog after this last one…
I like to eat cold, Chinese take out in my underwear.  Yes, cold.  Yes, in my underwear.  Why?  I have no freaking clue.  I don’t know what it is about those little, white, boxes that makes me want to take my pants off, but it does. It’s comfortable, and it makes my beef and broccoli taste more delicious.  Don’t judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment